- Have you set your goals for January – February – March? Schedule a meeting or phone call with Coach Karen today. Grab a planning template from the front desk, or download a 321 Goals! Worksheet.
- Save the date! Join us Saturday, Feb. 17 for the American Heart Association Work Heart Play Heart fundraiser. Read more.
- Save the date! Join Coach Karen, a Concept2 Certified Rowing Instructor, for a Rowing Skills Development Workshop on Saturday, Feb. 10. A $10 donation to the American Heart Association Work Heart, Play Heart fundraiser (cash or check, please) is encouraged. Register today!
- Catch up on Performance Enhancement Technique videos on the EAD | CFAH YouTube Channel. As a reminder, all current EAD | CFAH Athletes are eligible for a free movement screen with our resident physical therapist, Chris Arce. Book your appointment on the EAD | CFAH Class Registration portal.
- Invite your friends & loved ones to experience the EAD | CFAH Training Community. Register today for our Wednesday, 6:45 p.m., or Saturday, 9 a.m., Free Class Challenge.
- The EAD | CFAH Special Events Calendar is here! Have something you’d like us to add? Email email@example.com
Strength | 12 minutes to find 1RM TGU
MetCon | 21-15-9
Waiters Lunge LEFT Hand (50 / 35)
HR Push Ups
Waiters Lunge RIGHT Hand (50 / 35)
Strength & Conditioning
Programming Notes | Week of January 22.
- Overall, Volume & Intensity (%) is lower, except on Press and Squats. Focus on on making the lifts snappy with lower weights.
- On Wednesday (heavy day), log one attempt at each lift per minute. If you miss, repeat the previous weight for the remaining minutes.
- The current cycle is at just the four-week mark. You may or may not PR on Wednesday, and that’s fine … just work for a heavy rep for the day!
- All Burpees must be done at new CrossFit standard.
- The conditioning workouts should feel lighter and faster …this cycle is meant to be done 3x per week with 1-2 MetCons on Tuesday or Thursday.
- You might not feel like you’re working to hard this week … and that’s fine! Recovery is important. Go with it!
- Questions? Check in with your Performance Coach.
Oly | Strength
EMOM x 7
5 Touch & Go Power Snatches @50-60% of 1RM (make them snappy)
Clean Shrug + Hang (knee) Clean 6 @70%
Press 5 x 4 @75%
3 x AMAP strict TTB / HKR / Vups / Other
EMOM x 5
6 x Tabata (rotate)
If you did Monday’s MetCon, and you’re lifting on Tuesday
EMOM x 5
5 Rounds for Time
15 Atomic Sit Ups
15 Wallball Shots
Join Coach Jim at 4:30 p.m. for Monday Mayhem.
Youth Athletic Development
The older primary school and middle school students join Coach Web at 4:30 p.m. for skill instruction, strength development, overall conditioning, and fun.
Week #1, Class #1
Join us at 5 a.m. – 6:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., or 4:30 p.m. – 7:45 p.m. Please sign up in the 4:30 p.m. time slot for all classes.