Elite Athletic Development | CrossFit Arlington Heights Athletes Train for Strength, Power, Speed, Stamina, Sports Conditioning and Overall Fitness.
Elite Athletic Development | CrossFit Arlington Heights training programs are inspired by CrossFit and forged by more than 115,000 athlete training hours. Steeped in our functional fitness philosophy, Elite Athletic Development | CrossFit Arlington Heights programs help the “every day” and competitive athlete achieve their health & fitness goals in a supportive community-based setting, and under the guidance of nationally certified Performance Coaches. Elite Athletic Development classes fall into five Workout of the Day (WOD) categories — CrossFit, Strength & Conditioning, CrossFit Women, Boot Camp, Indoor Rowing Boot Camp, Youth Athletic Development, and Mobility & Recovery — plus several specialty classes and seminars. Winter 2016 EAD | CFAH Class Schedule.
- CrossFit. A constantly-varied, high-intensity mix of barbell, bodyweight, kettlebell, dumbbell, gymnastics and plyometric movements designed to challenge the body’s energy systems, and develop an athlete’s cardiovascular and muscular endurance. This is the perfect class for all athletes, and especially those who like a hard-hitting, intense and skills-based training session.
- Strength & Conditioning. Elite Athletic Development Strength & Conditioning will help the competitive and “every day” athlete improve strength, power, explosiveness, speed, agility, and flexibility; increase work capacity; improve body composition; challenge energy system development; drive muscular endurance; and optimize health and wellness. This class is perfect for anyone ready to work hard, focus on technique, commit to 2-4 classes per week, and get results.
- CrossFit Women. The same adrenaline, power and intensity of a CrossFit class, coached by a female performance coach and open to women only.
- Boot Camp. A challenging and fun mix of bodyweight, kettlebell, dumbbell, and plyometric movements, plus indoor rowing and a variety of surprise elements. This class is scaled to athlete skill and experience level. Come prepared for individual, duo or team events.
- Rowing Boot Camp. Challenge yourself with plenty of time on and off the Concept2 Indoor Rower during this one-hour class coached by Concept2 certified trainers. The class features the best of our Fitness Boot Camp, with an emphasis on rowing technique & efficiency.
- Mobility & Recovery WOD. A mix of core stability progression, band stretching, self-myofascial release, dynamic stretching and more to support recovery and prevent injury.
- Youth Athletic Development. Increase strength, power, speed and agility in this structured conditioning program proven to build a well-rounded student athlete. Classes offered for primary, and middle & high school students.
- Open Gym. An opportunity to practice & perfect movements, learn something new, or make up a missed training session. This class is open to current EAD | CFAH Athletes.
- Performance Fueling. Fuel your life and maximize performance with nutrition education, diet analysis and menu planning.
- Elite Athletic Development 3-2-1 Goal! Developed by Elite Athletic Development | CrossFit Arlington Heights senior performance coaches exclusively for our athletes, this performance goal setting process will help new and experienced athletes build a custom, quarterly training program to support.
- EAD | CFAH Competition Team Training. This class is ideal for athletes looking to improve skills, train in a more competitive class environment, attack varied and challenging workouts, and participate in area competitions. Athletes must meet weight and movement standards to participate.
- EAD Barbell Club. Drills, skill development, technique work, and plenty of practice. The EAD Barbell Club is perfect for athletes of all levels looking to improve their Clean & Jerk and Snatch, and train for sanctioned and non-sanctioned Powerlifting and Olympic Lifting competitions.
- Endurance Team. Successfully complete your first race or log a PR in your 50th without endless hours in the saddle, on the road, or in the water … and if you’re a runner, minus the nagging injuries frequently induced by long, slow distance training.
- CompuTrainer Rides. EAD offers CompuTrainer sessions for the serious racer or recreational rider. Billed as “the most interesting indoor bike experience yet created”, CompuTrainer rides will increase your cycling power by 20 percent to 30 percent, and your speed by two to four mph. USA Triathlon and USA Cycling test and train their team athletes with CompuTrainer.
- Endurance Athlete Coaching. Research shows that people who work with an experienced professional coach are more likely to avoid common barriers to achieving their goal, like disappointing results, boredom and burnout. Endurance sports veteran and EAD | CFAH head performance coach Jim Inman will help you turn your drive into results.
If you’re new to the Elite Athletic Development / CrossFit Arlington Heights, your first stop is Training Essentials.