The Elite Athletic Development / CrossFit Arlington Heights / CrossFit Axis community will kick off its 12-week training program Monday, Dec. 5, for the 2012 Chicago Indoor Rowing Championship. No previous indoor rowing experience is necessary. The 2012 Chicago Indoor Rowing Championship is Saturday, Feb. 25 at Chicago State University.
Register to row for Team EAD / CFAH / CFAX for $35 (or less; we’ll confirm as soon as pricing is posted) and receive one free rowing class, professional coaching & skill development, an event t-shirt, and your event entry.
EAD / CFAH / CFAX performance coaches have developed a proven training program to prepare for the indoor rowing event.
The 55-athlete strong Elite Athletic Development crew was the largest non-rowing specific organization at the 2011 Chicago Indoor Rowing Championships. Team members ranged in age, ability and fitness level. Even though most competitors had no previous indoor rowing experience prior to joining the Elite Athletic Development training program, the team logged impressive results, including:
- The Mens’ 2000 meter relay team placed third, narrowly edged out by a storied Chicago rowing club; the Women’s team placed team fifth
- Six athletes earned medals
- Seven athletes placed top 5
- 12 athletes placed top 12
- Multiple athletes logged personal records in the 2000 meter, 500 meter and the 500 meter relay split
Training for the EAD / CFAH / CFAX Crew for 2012 Chicago Indoor Rowing Championship includes:
- Technique Work & Sprints incorporated in to the MetCon and Strength & Power WODs on Tuesday & Thursday
- Skill Development & Training — Monday, 6:30 p.m.; Wednesday, 5:30 p.m.; Friday, 10:30 a.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m.
- Open Row(suggested workout provided) — Wednesday, 5:30 a.m.; Saturday, 7 a.m. & 8 a.m.; Sunday, 9:30 a.m. & 10:30 a.m.
CIRC 2012 training is included in the convenient, flexible EAD / CFAH / CFAX class card system. That means the monthly unlimited class card just became an even greater value with four different class types options — MetCon, Strength & Power, Mobility & Recovery, and Team EAD CIRC 2012 Training.
Cast away doubt and climb aboard … your boat awaits. Register today for the Elite Athletic Development / CrossFit Arlington Heights / CrossFit Axis 2012 Chicago Indoor Rowing Championship team!