- Have you set your goals for January – February – March? Schedule a meeting or phone call with Coach Karen today. Grab a planning template from the front desk, or download a 321 Goals! Worksheet.
- Save the date! Join us Saturday, Feb. 17 for the American Heart Association Work Heart Play Heart fundraiser. Read more.
- Save the date! Join Coach Karen, a Concept2 Certified Rowing Instructor, for a Rowing Skills Development Workshop on Saturday, Feb. 10. A $10 donation to the American Heart Association Work Heart, Play Heart fundraiser (cash or check, please) is encouraged. Register today!
- Catch up on Performance Enhancement Technique videos on the EAD | CFAH YouTube Channel. As a reminder, all current EAD | CFAH Athletes are eligible for a free movement screen with our resident physical therapist, Chris Arce. Book your appointment on the EAD | CFAH Class Registration portal.
- Invite your friends & loved ones to experience the EAD | CFAH Training Community. Register today for our Wednesday, 6:45 p.m., or Saturday, 9 a.m., Free Class Challenge.
- The EAD | CFAH Special Events Calendar is here! Have something you’d like us to add? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
MetCon | “Open 17.3” | Goal is to complete at least the first three sets | If all reps are completed, time cap extends by 4 minutes | Scroll Down for Post-WOD Supplemental Work
Prior to the 8-minute mark, complete 3 rounds of:
6 Chest-to-Bar Pull Ups (Pull Ups)
6 Squat Snatch (95 / 65) (Reduce Load + Power Snatch)
7 Chest-to-Bar Pull Ups
5 Squat Snatch (135 / 95)
Prior to the 12-minute mark, complete 3 rounds of:
8 Chest-to-Bar Pull Ups (Pull Ups)
4 Squat Snatch (185 / 135) (Reduce Load + Power Snatch)
Prior to the 16-minute mark, complete 3 rounds of:
9 Chest-to-Bar Pull Ups (Pull Ups)
3 Squat Snatch (225 / 155) (Reduce Load + Power Snatch
Prior to the 20-minute mark, complete 3 rounds of:
10 Chest-to-Bar Pull Ups
2 Squat Snatch (245 / 175) (Reduce Load + Power Snatch)
Prior to the 24-minute mark, complete 3 rounds of:
11 Chest-to-Bar Pull Ups (Pull Ups)
1 Squat Snatch (265 / 185) (Reduce Load + Power Snatch)
5 x 8-10 GHD Sit Ups
5 x 30 seconds Superman Hold
Strength & Conditioning
Programming Notes | Week of January 22.
- Overall, Volume & Intensity (%) is lower, except on Press and Squats. Focus on on making the lifts snappy with lower weights.
- On Wednesday (heavy day), log one attempt at each lift per minute. If you miss, repeat the previous weight for the remaining minutes.
- The current cycle is at just the four-week mark. You may or may not PR on Wednesday, and that’s fine … just work for a heavy rep for the day!
- All Burpees must be done at new CrossFit standard.
- The conditioning workouts should feel lighter and faster …this cycle is meant to be done 3x per week with 1-2 MetCons on Tuesday or Thursday.
- You might not feel like you’re working to hard this week … and that’s fine! Recovery is important. Go with it!
- Questions? Check in with your Performance Coach.
Oly / Strength
Jerk 3 x 3 @80%
Power Clean + High Hang Clean (mid thigh to hip) + Hang Clean (knee)+ Push Press
Six Sets for Max Load
3 x AMAP strict TTB / HKR / V-Ups/ Other
EMOM x 5 | TBD TTB
8 HSPU or Modification
If you did Friday’s Metcon and you’re lifting on Saturday –>
EMOM x 5 | TBD TTB
5 CTB Pull Ups
10 GHD Sit Ups
Indoor Rowing Boot Camp
Join Coach Karen at 7 a.m.
Join Coach Karen at 8 a.m.
Youth Athletic Development
The younger primary school students join Coach Web at 10:15 a.m. for skill development, strength work, overall conditioning, and fun.
Free Class Challenge
Encourage the peeps in your life to experience the EAD | CFAH Training Community and register for a Free Class on Wednesday at 6:45 p.m. or Saturday at 9 a.m.
Join us at 6:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Please sign up in the 8 a.m. time slot for all classes.